- January 13, 2021
- Posted by: Cross Border
- Categories: ANNOUNCEMENTS, COVID-19, NEWS
In response to a doubling in COVID-19 cases over the past two weeks, and to further interrupt the transmission spread in Ontario communities, hospitals, and long-term care homes. In consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and other health experts, the Ontario government is immediately declaring a second provincial emergency under s 7.0.1 (1) of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMPCA).
Effective Thursday, January 14, 2021, at 12:01 a.m., the government is issuing a stay-at-home order requiring everyone to remain at home with exceptions for permitted purposes or activities.
How this affects you and your shipment needs:
- The province has revised the public health restrictions, limiting the number of persons in our branches to three (3) at any given time. However, our operating hours remain unchanged.
- Packages must be prepared and in ship ready condition (labelled and manifested) before drop off. No shipment preparation will be allowed in the branch, no exceptions.
- Individuals are required to wear a mask or face covering in our branches’ indoor areas. Wearing a mask or face covering is also recommended in the outdoor areas.
- All individuals must physically maintain a distance of two metres or more.
- We no longer accept cash payments at our branch locations. However, we provide a secure, fast, and flexible payment method via Interac debit or credit card.
- For your convenience, we also offer Mail-to-Home Service, this eliminates the necessity to pick up your parcel from one of our locations. The service is available when creating your shipment order.
Please note: If you would like to use our Mail-to-Home Service and your package is at one of our branches, please contact us at [email protected]. Additional charges may apply. Please contact us for more information.
We have taken additional measures to ensure safety to all our staff and customers. Some of those initiatives include using an external cleaning company to disinfect our branch locations regularly.
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.